Tuesday, October 8, 2013

What's Up?

What's going on? I wish I had more to report back to you. Our home study is nearly complete. All the necessary paperwork is in, the social worker has finished her final edits. Our China agency will review it and hopefully it won't require too many changes. The social worker and agency will work together to ensure it is written to match China's criteria. I am optimistic it can be done this week but also realistic enough to know, things aren't always that simple so I won't hold my breath. We are eager to get our hands on this home study as it is necessary for our next step dealing with Homeland Security and Immigration.

Some of you may have wondered if the government shutdown affects our process. The short answer is no, it shouldn't. In order to file our I800a paperwork for immigration, we pay a hefty service fee. Because this is a payment for services, our government will gladly take our money and keep this process moving forward. There may be some delays with securing our visas or consulate appointments when we travel, but these are scenarios we don't have to worry ourselves with yet.

Daniel had a birthday, last week. He is now seven years old. Seven years without a family. I wonder if he still has hope for a family or if by now, he has given up that a family would want a seven year old boy with hydrocephalus. I arranged to have birthday cake and gifts sent to him at the orphanage. We also were able to send him a letter and photo album to introduce our family and tell him we want to be his family! I would love to be a fly on the wall and see his expression when learns he has been chosen! Shortly after ordering his birthday package, I found out it was a major Chinese holiday that week and he would not receive his package till later this week. I am sad for him that another birthday came and went with no gifts or party but this week will hopefully make up for it. Hopefully the orphanage staff will take some pictures to pass on to us. I am eager to see his precious smile.

Some of you may wonder how our fund raising efforts are coming along. Honestly I wish I had a better report for you. We had an Usborne book fundraiser, adoption t-shirt sale, and our Reece's Rainbow account has been up for over one month and has raised roughly $200 of the $30,000 needed to bring Daniel home. It really is a drop in the bucket and yet I have seen first hand how God puts all these drops together miraculously and we get a full bucket. I am trusting He will provide. He has always been faithful and I have no doubt that He will again.

So what is next? I have a couple more fund raising ideas. We will be selling some gorgeous jewelry and crafts in the next month and just in time for Christmas gifts. Lou is doing an iPad Mini raffle at his workplace that continues through the whole month of October. I will update you with our latest news as soon as it comes in.

Please continue to pray for this process to continue smoothly, for our Daniel's health and preparation to be in a family, and for our fund raising efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment